Wednesday, April 16, 2008

May encrusted page and three silk fusion pages


This is the May page in my series of encrusted bead pages--and the last. May is when our grass is finally green and the leaves will burst forth on our trees just before Mother's Day. It is late here in NH, but all the more appreciated after a very snowy and cold winter.




I found these fantail fish at a local bead shop. I just had to make them swim on a silk fusion page. Is there such a fish as a fantail cat fish?



I am heavily influenced now by the spring blooms. I do love seeing the flowers popping out of the ground. The crocus are finally blooming with daffodils showing buds.



This butterfly is from the book The Beaded Garden by Diane Fitzgerald and is done with brick stitch. This definitely makes me think of the summer months to come.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 at 8:44 AM , Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

Nice job! I love the greens, and the butterfly is beautiful! :D

 
At April 16, 2008 at 9:16 AM , Blogger beadbabe49 said...

beautiful pieces!

 
At April 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM , Blogger a2susan said...

I love your pieces and your colors. I hope you put them up on the new website so everyone can see them!

 
At April 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Your work is so beautiful. The hearts are my favorite. You do use colors very well. Julie Cook

 
At April 16, 2008 at 10:05 PM , Blogger KV said...

So very beautiful!


Kathy V in NM

 
At April 16, 2008 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Robin said...

I'm glad you keep the beading simply on your silk fusion pages, as the fabric is just sumptuous!!! Your encrusted green piece for May is definitly full of hope and new beginnings!

 
At April 28, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Timaree said...

Gorgeous! I don't think there is anymore to say than that. Gorgeous colors and beadwork.

Those catfish are so special. I've never seen any before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home