Monday, January 7, 2008

A few etc.

I made these little booklets, each around 4-1/2 inches square, for my weaving study group friends. They are made with covers of Lokta paper, Japanese sketch paper inner pages, and waxed linen thread sewing them together. I added beads on the ends of each linen thread for decoration.


This scarf was a commission for my friend Margo. She cuts my hair then for payment she barters for some of my woven pieces. It has a tencel warp and a silk weft. The pattern is a herringbone twill. She doesn't like fringe, so I made a hemmed edge. The combination of tencel and silk is soft and drapey.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Timaree said...

Trading seems like such a good way to share skills. I'll bet she really liked the scarf but then you probably like the haircuts. I wouldn't mind finding a trade like that as I've been cutting my own hair for 20 plus years and get pretty tired of doing it sometimes.

 
At January 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM , Blogger beadbabe49 said...

love both the books and the scarf...I barter for my massages...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home