Saturday, November 17, 2007

November encrusted page



In the spirit of trying new techniques, this month I found a batik in my stash (I am also a quilter) that had a leaf on it. This beaded leaf is on top of the batik leaf. I almost felt guilty working over a given design, but then assuaged my guilt when I realized that I hadn't tried this before.

Leaves are now brown on the oaks and brown and dried on the ground from the maples, etc. This is one of my favorite times of year when it is cooler outside and I can see through and into the woods. I've always loved the color range of browns, although I'm now wondering why I used so few in this piece.

4 Comments:

At November 17, 2007 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Timaree said...

I think your leaf looks very nice. It's not cheating to bead over a design. The beads end up as an interpretation of what is underneath not a copy. I am beading over a photo of a family bean pot so I am doing the same thing as you. Truthfully, I started out feeling a little less than original but then realized I am telling the story of the pot in beads which is different than just showing the photo or in your case, the fabric. If you were to bead the sky it would be like a predone format too but how many artists have painted the sky and how many more will in the future?

 
At November 17, 2007 at 11:10 PM , Blogger KV said...

I like this piece very much, Jann. The bead colors and the fabric are heavenly.

Kathy V in NM

 
At November 18, 2007 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Absolutely beautiful! You have given me a new appreiciation for this time of year.

 
At November 18, 2007 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Robin said...

I love beading on batiks, and this one is no exception. It's "simply" lovely!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home