Friday, January 1, 2010

January 2010 bjp beaded bead


This is my third year taking part in the bead journal project.

Since I first started beading about 5 years ago I have been fascinated by beaded beads. I plan to make a different one each month that reflects the season. Several during the year will be variations of my favorite rivoli beads.

The January beaded bead is peyote stitch around a clear crystal 27mm rivoli using delicas, 15 seed beads, and 3mm bicone crystals. When I photographed it the clear crystal picked up the colors of its surroundings even though it appears very clear in real life. This beaded bead reflects how very snowy and icy it is here in New Hampshire.

6 Comments:

At January 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Oh...this is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of 2010's pieces!

 
At January 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of "beaded beads", and this is so lovely! It definitely suggests winter to me.
I'm wondering -- what is the diameter?

 
At January 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Beautiful, Jann!!!! What a lovely idea... and at the end of the year, you can wear your year as a beaded bead necklace!!!! Happy new year! Robin

 
At January 2, 2010 at 8:53 PM , Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

Wow, beautiful!! :)

 
At January 3, 2010 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Margaret M. Sheehan said...

You just get better and better Jann! This is a beauty the way it was photographed! I look forward to seeing the color it picks up when I see it directly.

 
At January 11, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger FIBERBIRD said...

Jann - WOW -what gorgeous beads - and the photos are amazing -really captures them. Love the quilt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home