Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer is over

The little yellow pompom is from the Beaded Garden book. It is really tiny--about one inch across. I started by making a bead netting, then rolled it up at one of its edges.



This is the little bowl from Diane Fitzgerald's new book. It is made up of 6 little pentagons and is 1-3/4 inches across and 3/4 inch tall.



The bottom clearly shows the pentagon base. There is a work up of beads around the base to give the little bowl stability.



This may give you an idea of how tiny the bowl is. It would hold a ring or lots of little beads, but not much else.


I have selected a pile of rainbow fabrics to make another quilt like the one at the upper right. The back of the quilt is the sunflower fabric. I have enough of that fabric to use it again. This is one of my favorite little lap quilts. My older daughter Jennifer would like one similar to it. Of course, I have pulled too many fabrics from my shelf and will be able to use only a small portion of what you see. The blocks are alternating warm and cool colors--a nice visual contrast.

2 Comments:

At September 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Dee D said...

The yellow pom-pom looks so good and I love the bowl.

"Summer is Over" - already???? It was a delightful day here at the beach.

 
At October 12, 2009 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Robin said...

Ooooooooh, I love these hot, jazzy, happy colors!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home